Ghostly Goings On are actively monitoring the Covid-19 Pandemic and the Government guidelines that have been put into place.
We as a company, are in close contact with all of our venues to discuss how our future events can be held safely and responsibly, whilst minimising the unnecessary spread of the virus.
Bearing this in mind, it is inevitable that the normal structure of our events will need to temporarily change in order to ensure the safety and well-being of both our guests and the team.
We envisage that these temporary changes will need to stay in place until at least December 31st 2020, but will be closely monitored and adapted where needed in line with the current information and guidelines.
Ghostly Goings On have been awarded the ‘We’re Good To Go’ Covid-19 Industry Standard certificate, and we are confident in being able to keep you all safe during your time with us.
The following changes have been applied to the remainder of our 2020 events:
- Guests will not be permitted to arrive earlier than the event start time.
- All guests will have pre-allocated seating once inside the venue.
- All guests are required to wear a face mask/covering unless you have an exemption.
- Refreshments are not able to be provided and guests are asked to bring their own should they wish to.
- Social Distancing must be adhered to at all times.
- You will not be asked to hold hands or form energy circles during vigils.
- Guests will not be permitted to touch any equipment provided by the team during the main group vigils. However, you will be able to use the equipment during your free time and the team will ensure that all equipment is cleaned before you use it.
- All guests will be asked to complete a Covid-19 Declaration form which will also ask for the contact details of those in your booking party.This information will need to include a name, email address and contact telephone number. These details will be safely stored and then removed from our data base 21 days after your booked event. Your contact details will not be used for marketing.
- Face Masks/Coverings are now mandatory and will need to be worn unless you have a valid exemption.
The following changes will be implemented from Monday 14th September 2020:
- We will be unable to accept bookings of more than 6 people to any one of our events.
- We will introduce a staggered arrival time for all guests and it is imperative that you arrive at the time stated in your joining instructions.
- All guests will have their temperature taken upon arrival.
- Our briefing at the start of the event will be sent as a PDF attachment in your joining instructions so that we reduce the time spent as a whole during the event.
- The team will be supplied with their own cleaning kit so that door handles and other surfaces can be disinfected before leaving their vigil area.
You should also avoid travelling to this event if you or anyone else within your party have been experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- A high temperature or a new and persistent cough
- A loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
- A person classed as high risk by the NHS.
Can I book more than six places to an event?
From Monday 14th September 2020, the Government will make it illegal for any more than six people to socially gather. This means that unfortunately, we are unable to accept bookings of more than six people until further notice.
If there is another Lock-down, what will happen with my booking?
Since 16th March 2020, we have been unable to run any of our events due to the UK lock-down.
We plan to start all events again from Saturday 1st August 2020.
If there is another peak in Covid-19 cases which triggers another nationwide/regional lock-down, our events would once again be postponed until it is safe to re-operate.
In this instance, all booked guests will be contacted and a new date will be provided for the event.
Should you find yourself in the position of not being able to attend the new date, you will be issued with a credit note for you to use at a later date on any of our events.
This credit note will have no expiration date.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to issue guests with refunds unless the event is cancelled by the venue and any hire fees are returned to us.
Why are you not providing refreshments?
As stated above, Ghostly Goings On will not be providing guests with refreshments such as drinks and snacks until at least January 2020.
We have taken the decision to adopt this measure based on the difficulty of being able to maintain social distancing whilst queuing for hot drinks and also the sharing of items such as teaspoons and food items.
You will be required to bring your own drinks and snacks should you wish to.
The team will of course be closely reviewing this decision and if we feel it is safe to do so, we will lift this restriction and once again start providing you with refreshments during our events.
Can we use your investigative equipment during the events?
Unfortunately, it will not be possible for us to let our guests use the equipment during the main group vigils.
We have taken this decision to help minimise the risk of spreading the virus through the touching of surfaces.
The equipment will still be used by the team to help aid your investigation, we just ask that you do not use it during this time.
However, once the main group vigils have finished, all equipment will be sanitised by the team and you will then be able to use it during your free time.
It is important that you keep this equipment on you and that you do not swap equipment between other groups.
All equipment once returned at the end of the night, will once again be sanitised before our next event.
You are of course, also welcome to bring along your own equipment to help aid your investigation.
Am I required to wear a Face Mask/Covering?
The wearing of face masks/coverings is now mandatory on all of our events, unless you have an exemption which prevents you from wearing one. You will be expected to bring your own face mask/covering, but we will also be carrying a supply in case you forget to bring one.
I am showing some, but not all symptoms of Covid-19. Can I still attend?
No. Any guests who have been experiencing one or more of the Covid-19 symptoms should not attend our events.
You should follow the Governments guidelines on self-isolation until you are well again.
Will you be providing Hand Sanitiser & PPE?
We will be putting in place a cleaning station at every event, which will consist of Hand Sanitiser and Anti-Bacterial spray/wipes.
As mentioned above, Face Masks/Coverings are not currently mandatory during our events, therefore these will not be supplied by Ghostly Goings On.
Surfaces within the base room during the event will be regularly cleaned by the team with anti-bacterial spray and wipes.
All guests will be encouraged to practise good hand hygiene throughout the night too.
I have decided that I would prefer not to attend my booked event due to Covid-19. Can I get a refund?
Unfortunately, if you decide that you would prefer not to attend an event because of Covid-19,that is able to safely run, you would not be entitled to a refund.
The only time that refunds will be issued by Ghostly Goings on is if a location cancels and declines to move us to a new date in the future.
This decision is in line with our Refund Policy and Terms and Conditions.
The past few months have certainly been unprecedented for businesses and individuals up and down the country.
Which is why, as a small business, we have been completely overwhelmed by the level of support shown from all of our customers.
Your support and patience with this matter has been truly remarkable and appreciated by the entire team; and because of this, it’s meant that we can get through these tough times and continue to provide you with ghost hunting events at some of your favourite haunted locations.
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding any of the above, please contact us via email – Enquiries@ghostlygoingson.com
To read the latest Government guidelines on Covid-19 please click here
Page updated 12/09/2020